Extend and Enhance Protection Across Your Infrastructure
High Availability, or HA: typically refers to local system redundancy. A HA platform has at least two of everything so that a secondary system can take the place of a primary system if the primary fails. HA systems are much harder to bring down, as they can typically take the failure of any single component in stride.
High Availability delivers the availability required by most applications running in virtual machines, independent of the operating system and applications running in it. High Availability provides uniform, cost-effective failover protection against hardware and operating system outages within your virtualized IT environment. High Availability allows you to:
- Monitor hosts and virtual machines to detect hardware and guest operating system failures.
- Restart virtual machines on other hosts in the cluster without manual intervention when a server outage is detected.
- Reduce application downtime by automatically restarting virtual machines upon detection of an operating system failure.
- Provide uniform, automated protection for all applications without modifications to the application or guest operating system.
- Establish a consistent first line of defense for your entire IT infrastructure.