Improve security operations to investigate and respond to threats.
Security information and event management (SIEM) is a single security management system that offers full visibility into activity within your network which empowers you to respond to threats in real time. It collects, parses and categorizes machine data from a wide range of sources, then analyzes the data to provide insights so you can act accordingly. With an increase in employee mobility, use of video, and globalization changing the IT environment, borderless enterprises are facing growing security challenges with complex regulatory requirements that force them to effectively monitor and report security incidents.
SIEM combines the essential functions of SIM (security information management) and SEM (security event management) products to provide a comprehensive view of the enterprise network using a variety of different functions:
- Log collection of event records from sources throughout the organization provides important forensic tools and help address compliance reporting requirements
- Normalization maps log messages from different systems in a common data model
- Correlation links logs and events from disparate systems or applications
- Aggregation reduces the volume of event data by consolidating duplicate event records
- Reporting presents the correlated, aggregated event data in real-time monitoring and long-term summaries
Carrier Access IT can implement and deploy a SIEM solution that meets your security incident and management needs.